NEW YORK — NOVEMBER 6 — LAUFEN, the award-winning Swiss-based designer and manufacturer of high-end bathroom solutions, announced today that its award-winning line of bathroom products have been chosen for inclusion in several high-profile development projects spanning across North America.
“LAUFEN has a long history of partnering with the most innovative and esteemed commercial project developers in Europe, and we’re thrilled to continue this tradition as we expand our footprint here in North America,” says Javier Korneluk, U.S. managing director of LAUFEN.
Korneluk states that the growing demand for LAUFEN’s highly stylized and luxurious products in hospitality and mixed-use projects symbolizes a significant shift in American design trends.
“Bathrooms should be luxurious and comfortable for guests and residents, but at the same time, the products outfitted in these spaces need to be practical, have a builder-friendly price point and be easy to clean and maintain. By specifying LAUFEN products for these bathroom projects, we feel confident that the end-user of these spaces will feel indulged and delighted by their bathroom suites.”
Among the high-profile projects currently underway:
- LAUFEN custom bath products are featured at New York City’s 56 Leonard, a luxury condominium project described as a “cascade of modernist villas” located in Manhattan’s Tribeca neighborhood. Created by the Swiss design firm Herzog & de Meuron, this 60 story building is outfitted with custom LAUFEN bath products throughout, each space designed to create one-of-a-kind bathroom suites that are as luxurious and opulent as they are unique.
- LAUFEN products, such as space-saving washbasins and vanity units, were installed during recent renovations at the Hotel Palomar in Washington and Chicago’s The Hotel Allegro. By specifying LAUFEN, these landmark establishments were able to create elegant, modern, spa-like bathroom suites without sacrificing space or style at their newly refurbished iconic hotels.
- The bathrooms at Metropica, a $1 billion mixed-use development currently under construction in South Florida, will be outfitted with LAUFEN Savoy, as well as elements from the Kartell by Laufen collection. When completed, the project will contain ten towers encompassing nearly 2,400 residential units, 650,000 square feet of office space and 485,000 square feet of other commercial development.
- LAUFEN is slated to furnish the bathroom interiors at Atlantic Plumbing, a planned mixed-use project with multifamily residences and locally inspired retail located outside of Washington. Designed by New York-based Morris Adjimi Architects, the artist-friendly development is slated to open in spring 2015.
- LAUFEN pro wall-hung toilets with concealed system have been selected to outfit the bathroom suites at the soon-to-be completed Trump International Hotel & Tower Vancouver in Vancouver, Canada. A game changer on the design landscape of Vancouver’s mixed-use development scene, the architecturally refined Laufen pro toilets meld seamlessly with Trump’s reputation for creating spaces that, while luxurious and glamorous, also meet or exceed water conservation standards and sustainability needs.
“It is an honor and a privilege to partner with the design teams behind these important residential and commercial projects,” says Korneluk. “As LAUFEN continues to grow its presence in North America, we look forward to continuing to align our brand with even more innovative residential, mixed-use and hospitality projects.”
LAUFEN supplies bathroom solutions for commercial projects around the world.
An expanded list of LAUFEN’s global commercial projects can be found here: laufen.com/references/hotels/
For more information about these projects, contact Lori Dolnick at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (609) 490-0999 ext. 22.